The eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses is as follows:
1. Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possessing permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 30th June 2021, may apply for NEET-PG 2021 through online application system.
2. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2021 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counselling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2021, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
3. Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2021 from candidates completing internship after 30th June 2021 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed IMC Act, 1956 shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
4. The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original NEET-PG 2021 CUT-OFF DATE FOR COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP 30TH JUNE 2021 Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of counselling/admission in allotted Medical College/ Institute.
5. The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2021 will be as prescribed by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by the NMC will not be considered.
6. Registration with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission.
7. Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MoHFW/Designated Counseling Authority shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
8. The definition of NRI for admission to Deemed University shall be as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.
9. Eligibility of candidates issued admit card for the examination shall be purely provisional. Appearing in NEET-PG 2021 does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. NEET-PG 2021
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL
GRADUATES: Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) as per Screening Test Regulations, 2002 which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 30th June 2021. Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day alongwith the provisional/permanent registration certificate issued by a medical council.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS:
It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with National Medical Commission (NMC) at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without registration with NMC. The NMC may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”